The deceased was the younger sister to Hajia Aishat Nma Sulu-Gambari, the late mother of His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs.
According to the Emir in a statement personally issued on Saturday:
“With gratitude to God and total submission to the will of Almighty Allah, I announce the demise of our beloved mother, Hajia Amina Iyakobi AbdulKadir Mohammed who died few minutes ago. Her death is so painful but we thank Allah for His mercies on her throughout her lifetimes.
“She was until her death the eldest surviving daughter of the late 8th Emir of Ilorin, Shehu AbdulKadir Dan Shuaibu Bawa, in the Abdulsalam and Shitta ruling house.
“Janazah prayer to be led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin Emirate, Alhaji (Dr.) Mohammad Bashir Soliu OON, will hold tomorrow at Alagbado area by 12pm. May Almighty Allah be pleased with her soul, accept her good deeds and admit her into Al-janatul firdaos.
Late Hajia Amina is survived by the former Grand Khadi of the Kwara State Sharia Court of Appeal, Justice Salihu Olohuntoyin Mohammed (rtd) among other children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline