The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has advised the people of the State to celebrate the Eid-el-Kabir sallah festival in a modest way without violating law and order.
The Emir in a statement issued on Saturday by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, enjoined Muslim faithful to converge at the Ilorin Central Yidi Praying Ground for the two rakats prayer scheduled to commence at 8 O’clock in the morning.
The prayer is to be led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir Soliu OON.
He further appealed to residents to be peaceful in their conducts and shun all acts capable of causing rancour and disorderliness before, during and after the festival.
In an another development, the Personal Assistant to the Emir, Alhaji Muritala Abdulraheem, disclosed that the Royal entourage of the Emirs will leave the palace by 9am for the Ilorin Emirate Durbar holding on Monday 12, August 2019.
The statement added that the emir will proceed to Government House to pay sallah homage on the Kwara state Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq on Tuesday 13, August 2019.
The emir therefore urged sons and daughters of the Ilorin and Emirate, residents, friends and well wishers to be part of the traditional events.
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies