The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has urged the people of Ilorin Emirate to be calm and obedient to constituted authorities during and after the lockdown period in the state.
He also urged traditional chiefs,district heads, ward heads, community leaders, groups and association to communicate message of peaceful coexistence across to their members in order to remain safe and healthy.
The Emir state this in a statement issued by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace andDevelopment, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona on Saturday stressing that the lockdown will no doubt cause hardships on the people but with positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the citizenry in the long-run.
He also appealed to security agents to be civil in their dealings with citizens even as he warned residents against violating laws of the land.
The emir however commended the state government for its proactive efforts towards curbing the spread of COVID-19 infection in the state. He therefore prayed for absolute comfort for the entire people of the state and nation at large.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC