Ekiti State House of Assembly has confirmed Mr Dapo Kolawole and Mr Olawale Fapohunda as Commissioner for Finance and Attorney General/ Commissioner for Justice respectively.
The two commissioners were confirmed Thursday, after their screening by the lawmakers following a letter by the Governor, earlier in the week, requesting their screening and confirmation for the positions.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ekiti State, Mr. Yinka Oyebode, in a statement said: “Fapohunda, a human rights lawyer was Ekiti State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice between 2012 and 2014.”
Kolawole, a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN), served as Commissioner for Finance during Fayemi’s first tenure, ROYAL NEWS reports.
They would be sworn in at a later date.
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter