President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians of government’s commitment to mitigating the housing deficit in the country towards improving the living standards of the citizenry.
Buhari stated this in a message to the official commissioning of the phase 1 of the National Housing Programme (NHP) in Kano.
Represented by the Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) as special guest at the ceremony held at Gama-Gwari off Jaba-Fanisau, in Fagge Local Government area of Kano State, President Buhari said the housing estate is an example of the fulfilment of the promise of change.
He said the government’s economic policies and investment in infrastructure such as this National Housing Programme and others will impact positively on many Nigerians.
Tbe President placed it on record that his administration has redeemed the promise made to provide housing for the members of the valiant Super Eagles that won the 1994 African Cup of Nations for the county.
The representative of the Minister of works and Housing, Solomon Labafilo, who is the Director Public Building and Housing Development and the representative of the Permanent Secretary, Emmanuel Hangeior, said the housing units have as target beneficiaries members of the public without any discrimination.
The Minister later unveiled 48 units of 2- bedroom bungalow, 24 units of 3- bedroom bungalow and four units of 1-bedroom bungalow totalling 76 housing units.
The climax of the commissioning ceremony which was attended by traditional heads within the area was the tour of the facilities provided including water, electricity and road infrastructure for the delight of the occupants as awarded in 2016 to indigenous contractors, local building engineers and suppliers.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES