A former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Victor Malu, is dead.
Gen. Malu died at the age of 70.
Gen. Malu, according to a family source, Bem Adoor, died on Monday morning, at a Cairo, Egypt hospital where he had traveled to for normal medical check-up two weeks ago.
The former ECOMOG Commander (Peace Keeping Force), from August 1996 to January 1998 was Chief of Army Staff during former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration May 1999 to April 2001.
Born in January 15, 1947 at Katsina-Benue State, Malu enrolled at the Nigerian Defense Academy in Kaduna in 1967 as part of the 3rd Regular Course and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in 1970.
The former Army Chief chair the Military Tribunal that tried the former Chief of General Staff, and Vice Chairman, Armed Forces Ruling Council, Gen. Oladipo Diya and others over the alleged failed coup plot against the then Head of State, Gen. Sanni Abacha.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000