Breaking…. Gombe Gov appoints Emir of Gombe Amirul-Hajj
The Emir of Gombe, Alhaji Abubakar Shehu Abubakar III has been appointed as Amirul Hajj and Head of state’s delegation for the 2019 hajj team.
According to a statement issued on Monday by the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya on Media and Publicity, Ismaila Uba Misilli, the committee is mandated to work with the state Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board and other relevant agencies to ensure proper oversight and smooth operations of the 2019 Hajj exercise.
The 11-member committee has Barrister Zubair Muhammad Umar as Deputy, with Bala of Waja Chiefdom, Danjuma Mohammed, Malam Ado Gabanni, Sheikh Adamu Dokoro, Sheikh Adamu Girbo and Sheikh Usman Isah Taliyawa as members.
Others members are; Sheikh Naziru Idrisa Umar, Hajiya Farida Sulaiman, Hajiya Uwani Shuaibu Gara and Saidu Shehu Awak as Secretary of the committee.
Our correspondent reports that Governor Yahaya had on Thursday last week approved the appointment of Sa’adu Hassan as the Executive Secretary of the Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike