Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has approved the appointment of 10 new permanent secretaries (PS) to head various ministries, departments, and agencies of the government — barely two weeks after a crop of eight new PS were unveiled.
The appointments are with immediate effect while the Office of the Head of Service and Civil Service Commission are to ensure seamless transition, according to a statement Thursday by the chief press secretary to the Governor Rafiu Ajakaye.
They are; Shehu Boni Ahmed (Establishment); Olorukooba Isiaka Yinka (Works); Iyabo Banire (Sports); Sabiyatu Kikelomo Grillo (Cabinet, political and Special services); Okanlawon Musa (Water Resources); Jolayemi John Olugbenga (Service Welfare); Abraham Kola Ojo (Environment); Halimot Aduke Eletu (Enterprise); Rabiat Abdulrahman (Communication); and Yusuf Bolakale (Special Duties).
These changes are made to reinvigorate the Civil Service and promote better service delivery, the statement added, thanking the outgoing permanent secretaries for their “selfless service” to the state and wishing them enjoyable retirement.
The Governor had recently approved eight new permanent secretaries, in what was the first batch of the gradual but steady change of guard at the top echelon of the state civil service.
Those recently appointed were Bamigbe Rotimi Williams (Energy); Musa Idris (Justice); Nurudeen Maryam (Agric); Goshi Jiya (Civil Service Commission); Adeosun Mary (Education); Ibrahim Adenike (Social Development); Ayinla Olayiwola (Health); and Alabere Ahmed (Local Government).
Another crop of permanent secretaries will be announced shortly to complete the process, with serving and retired bureaucrats commending the Governor for stabilising and restoring professionalism to the civil service.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections