BREAKING……. I don’t invade on lands —- Oba Gbadamosi
The paramount traditional ruler of Offa in the Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi, has debunked the allegations by the members of Ijehu community over land dispute as untrue.
The monarch stated this in his palace on Wednesday while speaking with journalists in reaction to the matter.
ROYAL NEWS reports that members of the Ijehu community on Tuesday embarked on a peaceful protest at the Kwara State House of Assembly and alleged that Oba Gbadamosi encroached on their lands and destroyed valuable farm produce and brutally attacked indigenes of the community.
In his reaction, the Olofa of Offa stressed that he inherited the land from the late Oba Esuwoye 1 who died about 83years ago adding that, “I am not the type of traditional ruler that invades on lands”.
Details later ….
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate President: Group canvasses support for Akpabio
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence