The paramount traditional ruler of Offa in the Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi, has debunked the allegations by the members of Ijehu community over land dispute as untrue.
The monarch stated this in his palace on Wednesday while speaking with journalists in reaction to the matter.
ROYAL NEWS reports that members of the Ijehu community on Tuesday embarked on a peaceful protest at the Kwara State House of Assembly and alleged that Oba Gbadamosi encroached on their lands and destroyed valuable farm produce and brutally attacked indigenes of the community.
In his reaction, the Olofa of Offa stressed that he inherited the land from the late Oba Esuwoye 1 who died about 83years ago adding that, “I am not the type of traditional ruler that invades on lands”.
Details later ….
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment