The national leadership of Egbe Omo Ibile Igbomina has disclosed there is no place in the entire race of Igbomina that is named “Gbomina-Ekiti Kingdom stressing that any attempt to re-write the history of the race by any person or groups will be disallowed.
The group was reacting to a interview publication by a national dailies dated Sunday 5th March 2017 wherein one “Oba Rufus Olarewaju Ajayi” claimed to be the Oba Gbaja Arolagbade II, the Oba of Gbomina-Ekiti Kingdom.
At a press conference briefing held on Thursday, the national president of the group, Engr. Timothy Adebayo, stated that “in the said publication, Mr. Rufus Olarewaju mischievously claimed that he is the Oba of Gbomina-Ekiti Kingdom. He went further to purportedly give the historical narration of Igbomina people albeit disjointedly and full of lies and fabrications.
“He also attempted a revolutionist history of the Yoruba race where he claimed Yoruba is the official language in the Garden of Eden. He concluded by saying that the has created an “Gbomina Ekiti Development Fund” for which the sum of N2.5 Billion has been deposited for provision of road network in his imaginary Gbomina-Ekiti Kingdom”.
Engr. Adebayo further stressed that, “With the creation of more local government areas, the Ekiti block of Kwara now has LGAs namely Ekiti and Oke-Ero LGAs while Igbomina Kwara has three as aforementioned. By the 2004 Local Government amendment laws of Kwara State, each of these local governments now has their separate Traditional Councils; though, they still maintain their cultural linkage and identity.
“In Igbomina land, both Kwara and Osun, as at today have seven first class Obas namely; The Orangun of Illa, Olupo of Ajase-Ipo, Elese of Igbaja, Olomu of Omu-Aran, Orangun of Oke-Illa, the Olupako of Share and the Olusin of Isanlu-Isin.”
The group however urged the police to arrest and prosecutes Mr. Rufus in a court of competent jurisdiction in order to protect the larger society from falling victims and for the serial crimes he has been committing using traditional institution and impersonating kings and dynasties.
“We want to categorically refute that there is nothing like “Gbomina Ekiti Development Fund” and we call on the Law Enforcement Agencies to investigate the claim of Mr. Rufus Olarewaju “, he added.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud