The Senate Majority Whip and senator representing Abia North, Sen. Orji Uzoh Kalu has assented that the presidential flag bearer of APC, Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu should go ahead and choose a Muslim member as his running mate.
Kalu said this during an interview about the just concluded APC presidential primary with the Senate press members on Wednesday in Abuja.
Speaking, Kalu said that he is very satisfied with the primary, due to it’s transparency, openness, people voted one by one, adding that without this kind of primary, there would have been a lot of fractions.
He also stated that his own group as the leader of Ahmed Lawan group were not ready for the primary but for concensus.
He said that the next step for them in APC is to work for Tinubu which is the only alternative, ” I’m a party Man and I’m sure that most of you here knows and I don’t shy away from people. Now the way I fought for Lawan is still the way I will fight for Tinubu.
” I’m a party Man, if I disagree,I disagree, if I agree, I agree so the most important thing now is that I have agreed that Tinubu won and the whole party agreed too, there is no doubt about the winning,so we will all have to go to the field.
” I pray that my constituency and south east will give us that believe as they gave Buhari 80percent votes.
” I told people that they don’t know Buhari, he is not going to take side and that is good for Nigerians, president and leaders to face democracy not only for president, for governors not to take side.
” I have seen when I was Governor, I endured that my own candidate won, the result was good that I won but the whole thing was not good.
” Speaking the truth, if I’m in Tinubu’s shoes, I will choose Muslim, the wife is a senior pastor in a pentecostal church and she’s like the Vice president, the most important thing is for the party to win. So in my own opinion, let him go for Muslim which is the only option left for him today.
“I go to catholic church but I don’t see anything wrong with Muslim/Muslim ticket because Tinubu is a minority Muslim from the south and can not pick minority christian from the north so you can not play two minorities” Kalu said.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus