The Senate Majority Whip and senator representing Abia North, Sen. Orji Uzoh Kalu has assented that the presidential flag bearer of APC, Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu should go ahead and choose a Muslim member as his running mate.
Kalu said this during an interview about the just concluded APC presidential primary with the Senate press members on Wednesday in Abuja.
Speaking, Kalu said that he is very satisfied with the primary, due to it’s transparency, openness, people voted one by one, adding that without this kind of primary, there would have been a lot of fractions.
He also stated that his own group as the leader of Ahmed Lawan group were not ready for the primary but for concensus.
He said that the next step for them in APC is to work for Tinubu which is the only alternative, ” I’m a party Man and I’m sure that most of you here knows and I don’t shy away from people. Now the way I fought for Lawan is still the way I will fight for Tinubu.
” I’m a party Man, if I disagree,I disagree, if I agree, I agree so the most important thing now is that I have agreed that Tinubu won and the whole party agreed too, there is no doubt about the winning,so we will all have to go to the field.
” I pray that my constituency and south east will give us that believe as they gave Buhari 80percent votes.
” I told people that they don’t know Buhari, he is not going to take side and that is good for Nigerians, president and leaders to face democracy not only for president, for governors not to take side.
” I have seen when I was Governor, I endured that my own candidate won, the result was good that I won but the whole thing was not good.
” Speaking the truth, if I’m in Tinubu’s shoes, I will choose Muslim, the wife is a senior pastor in a pentecostal church and she’s like the Vice president, the most important thing is for the party to win. So in my own opinion, let him go for Muslim which is the only option left for him today.
“I go to catholic church but I don’t see anything wrong with Muslim/Muslim ticket because Tinubu is a minority Muslim from the south and can not pick minority christian from the north so you can not play two minorities” Kalu said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community