Manufacturers are passing through difficult time— outgoing chairman
The Group Managing Director/CEO of KAM Industries Nigeria Limited, Dr. Kamorudeen Yusuf, has emerged as the Chairman of the Basic Metal, Iron And Steel Fabricated Metal Products sectoral group.
The election was part of activities at the Annual General Meeting, (AGM), of the association held in Lagos on Tuesday.
ROYAL NEWS reports that association of basic metal is one the strong sectoral group of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, (MAN).
With the theme: “The Ajaokuta Steel Complex and Aluminium Smelters Company of Nigeria (ALSCON): Priority For Developing The Metal Industry In Nigeria, was well attended by manufacturers of steel across Nigeria.
Dr. Kamorudeen Yusuf of KAM industries defeated Alhaji AbdulKadir Adamu of African Steel limited to emerge winner of the keen contest.
In his remarks, the outgoing chairman of the group, Chief Oluyinka Kufile, noted that there is need for for robust working relationship among members .
According to him, “As an association with high stakes in the nation’s economy, “We need to corporate with the government and the government must also listen to us.
“You will agree with me that four years ago, we were more than this. Unfortunately, many companies are moribund . There’s need for unity of purpose and sense of direction among members.
“It is saddened to note that traders are more better than some manufacturers because they make more gains than us. We manufacturers have invested our lives and bank loans. Manufacturing is all about value addition and not buying and selling. It requires more techniques and commitment.
“Manufacturers are passing through difficult times because of the current economic situation but I have strong hope that the future is bright for us.”
In his acceptance speech, Dr. Kamorudeen Yusuf, promised to carry all members along in order to ensure that the sector enjoys the needed supports as well as protection of all the members’ investment at all times.
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways
- Atiku decries $100bn annual foreign school fees by wealthy Nigerians
- Senate passes 2020 budget,raises estimates to N10.594trn
- Kano Assembly finally passes bill of new emirates creation into law
- SAD…Obasanjo’s Ex-Special Adviser on women affairs dies at 73