The Deputy Governor of Kwara State, Mr. Kayode Alabi, has tested positive for COVID-19, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
A statement issued by the spokesperson to thr governor, Rafiu Ajakaye, said that the deputy governor’s wife, Mrs. Abieyuwa Alabi, was also confirmed positive.
Ajakaye said: “Yesterday August 3rd, 2020, His Excellency the Deputy Governor and Chairman of the Kwara State Technical Committee Kayode Alabi and his wife, Her Excellency Mrs Abieyuwa Alabi, underwent COVID-19 test after they showed slight symptoms of the virus.
“The results of their test are positive. The second couple are very stable and in high spirit, and are now undergoing standard management protocols supervised by the government’s medical team.”
He further stressed that, “Immediate contact tracing and tests, among other safety protocols, are being done for persons who have met with the couple in the past few days.
“The government wishes the second couple and all others quick recovery.”
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate