He is CP Bashiru Makama, an indigene of Plateau State.
At his maiden interaction with journalists in Ilorin on Friday, CP Makama said:”I want to warn seriously that I will not take the issue of armed robbery, cultism, kidnappingaa and political thuggery, unlawful possession of firearms with levity.
“I am here in Kwara State to protect the lives and property of the people and we are ready to put our lives down in order to achieve this.
“We shall also frown at hate speeches due to the multi dimensional nature of the nation as well as spreading of fake news.”
The CP alao warned against unlawful assembly which has not been approved by y authority stressing that politicians should play the game according to the rules.
Makama however warned electorates to avoid vote selling and vote buying ahead of tbe forthcoming general elections adding that culprits would be dealt with no matter highly placed.
The police therefore solicited that media practitioners and the general public shoulld support him in the campaign against crime and crimilities stressing that, “We shall protect the fundamental human rights of everyone and the rule od law shall be our guide.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ