The Kwara State Government on Friday,20th November 2020 presented letters of appointment to 1Class,2nd Class and 4th Class Traditional Rulers.
The official presentation followed the approval by Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq after the ratification of same by the Kwara State Council of Chiefs.
The three newly appointed Royal Fathers are His Royal Highness, Oba Haruna Olawale Suleiman (1st Class) as Oluopako of Share in Ifelodun Local Government Area,His Royal Highness Oba Pharmacist Ajibola Ademola Julius (2nd Class) as Olusin of Ijara-Isin in Isin Local Government Area and His Royal Highness Oba Alhaji Mohammed Akande Olarewaju Odunade (4th Class) as Onilupeju of Ilupeju in Ifelodun Local Government Area.
The Executive Governor of Kwara State,Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq who was represented by the Honorable Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Community Development Aliyu Mohammed Saifudeen, said the event again has demonstrated the respect of the administration for the traditional institutions.
AbdulRazaq urged the traditional rulers to continue to carry their people along in the discharge of their responsibilities to their communities, and to support the State Government’s policy thrusts in their domains.
“It is my fervent prayer that your reign will enhance peace, progress and development in your various domains and the State at large,” he said.
In his welcome address,The Honourable Commissioner, Arc Aliyu Mohammad Saifuddedd who was represented by the
Permanent Secretary of the Ministry,Alhaji Abdulrazaq Babatunde Alabere said the event was a dream come true for the appointees, praying God Almighty to grant them long and peaceful reign.
“I want to urge the Royal Fathers to use numerous human and material resources at your disposal for the good of your people and to enhance accelerated development at your various domains,” Arc Aliyu said.
He said the Royal Fathers are veritable tools for grassroots mobilisation, internal cohesion, socio-economic and political development as they are custodians of tradition and culture of the people.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92