Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Wednesday named popular historian and community leader Alhaji Lasisi Kolawole (LAK) Jimoh as the leader of the state’s delegation to Hajj for 2019.
“I have the honour to announce Alhaji LAK Jimoh, elder statesman and a Muslim figure, as the Ameerul-Hajj for Kwara State for the 1440 AH (2019) Hajj,” AbdulRazaq said in a statement by his spokesman Rafiu Ajakaye.
“We believe that Alhaji LAK Jimoh will deploy his rich backgrounds as a Muslim leader, community elder and a custodian of the history of our people in the discharge of this important state duty.”
The Governor said the government would offer necessary support for the state’s contingent to the Holy Land. He called on all the intending pilgrims to be good ambassadors of the state and Nigeria as a whole.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide