Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has appointed a new General Manager for the State owned printing and publishing corporation, The Herald Newspapers.
He is Clement Yomi Adeboye, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Adeboye is a journalist, creative writer, and member of the prestigious International Press Institute (IPI).
He hails from Esie in Irepodun local government, was until the appointment the (daily) Editor of the Herald — one of the oldest state-owned newspapers in Nigeria.
“This appointment is based on his track records of achievements in print media sector and professional acumen in particular. It is the expectation of the state government that he will bring his rich professional ability, dedication, competence and indeed his wealth of experience to bear in the discharge of his duties,” the Governor said in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary Rafiu Ajakaye.
The appointment means he now assumes overall responsibility for the Kwara State Printing and Publishing Corporation and editorial guardianship of all the titles published by it.
He comes to the job with over 20 years of cognate experience as a journalist and poet. Adeboye had worked in various Newsrooms in Nigeria, including at AM NEWS, The NEWS, and The Herald.
He was educated at Esie/Iludun (ANG) Grammar School, Esie; School of Basic Studies, Kwara State College of Technology, Ilorin; and the University of Ilorin, Ilorin.
Adeboye also attended various professional trainings, including at the Independent Journalism Centre, ZUS BUREAU. He is an alumnus of the #AirtelChangeYourStory training in Multimedia, Social Media and Mobile Journalism.
Adeboye is a member of the IPI, the global network of Editors, Media Executives, Communication Scholars, Senior Journalists/Media Executives and experts in the communication industry on press freedom.
An avid reader, he loves photography, nature, culture, tourism, and football. He is married with children.
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others