Checks revealed that the meeting is to deliberate on inter-faith peaceful coexistence aimed at resolving issues on the use of Muslim head coverings among other things in public schools.
According to a statement issued by Rafiu Ajakaye, the Spokesman to Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, “The meeting is scheduled for Thursday at 10.a.m. at the office of the Deputy Governor Mr. Kayode Alabi.
“Expected at the meeting are representatives of the Muslim community, representatives of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), officials from the Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development, and representatives of the police, department of state service, and the NSCDC.
“In the light of this intervention, the government appeals to everyone to avoid any provocative speech, action or protest that may threaten public peace and order.”
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people