Kwara State Government has raised the alarm over plots by some anarchists to launch violent attacks on public properties in the state as part of their grand plan to destabilise the country to achieve sinister objectives.
The Commissioner for Communications, Harriet Afolabi-Oshatimehin,in a statement issued on Friday said: “The government is in possession of intelligence reports that some anarchists, backed by certain political interests, are planning to attack public facilities in the state especially the capital city Ilorin.
“Specifically, we are aware of the evil plan to attack the facilities where the palliatives recently donated by the Federal Government are being kept for further distribution to victims of the recent rainstorm.”
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Commissioner further maintained that,“It is important to state that the disbursements of the federal government’s palliatives to the victims began since Monday October 19. It is still ongoing as of today, October 23rd.
“The State Government has alerted the security agencies to the evil plots to attack public properties. Even so, this serves to inform members of the public of the plots of some unpatriotic elements who have hijacked the peaceful protests nationwide to impose anarchy and advance their own political cause.
“Government therefore urges members of the public to be vigilant and not let down their own guards while every effort is being made to secure lives and properties of every citizen. Finally, the government urges members of the public to go about their lawful business without any fear.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation