The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the take-off of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering Degree programme at the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
With this approval, KWASU has become the first Nigerian university to institute a degree programme in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering.
The Vice-chancellor of the KWASU, Prof. Abdulrasheed Na’allah disclosed this in a statement on Monday. He said that the institution has formally submitted an invitation to NUC for accreditation, and assured that the university is fully ready for the exercise.
Prof. Na’allah also congratulated and commended all the students and staff of the school’s College of Engineering and Technology, particularly the Department of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering for “their hard work and patience that have led to this great success.”
KWASU’s College of Engineering and Technology currently offers courses in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Food, Agric & Biological Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering.
It would be recalled that the administration of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed has completed the construction of an N800million Engineering complex for the university, which is part of the State government’s efforts to promote engineering education.
With the International Aviation College (IAC) already situated in Ilorin, Kwara State is fast becoming the aviation hub in the country.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63