The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the take-off of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering Degree programme at the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
With this approval, KWASU has become the first Nigerian university to institute a degree programme in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering.
The Vice-chancellor of the KWASU, Prof. Abdulrasheed Na’allah disclosed this in a statement on Monday. He said that the institution has formally submitted an invitation to NUC for accreditation, and assured that the university is fully ready for the exercise.
Prof. Na’allah also congratulated and commended all the students and staff of the school’s College of Engineering and Technology, particularly the Department of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering for “their hard work and patience that have led to this great success.”
KWASU’s College of Engineering and Technology currently offers courses in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Food, Agric & Biological Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering.
It would be recalled that the administration of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed has completed the construction of an N800million Engineering complex for the university, which is part of the State government’s efforts to promote engineering education.
With the International Aviation College (IAC) already situated in Ilorin, Kwara State is fast becoming the aviation hub in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders