OLUKORO OF KORO’S WIDOW REGAINS FREEDOM, AS POLICE, OTHERS ARREST 13 SUSPECTS.
Kwara state police command wishes to update the good people of kwara on the case of assassination of the Olukoro of Koro Kingdom. Late Oba Olusegun Aremu-Cole, who was gruesomely murdered in his palace on 1st February, 2024.
In the course of investigation, the Inspector General of Police IGP KAYODE ADEOLU EGBETOKUN, Ph.D, NPM approved the deployment of a police chopper for aerial surveillance. This is to help comb the forest/boundary between Kwara and EKITI state.
A joint operation comprising the Police, Military, D.S.S, Vigilante/Hunters who tirelessly combed the forest yielded positive results. This operation led to the successful rescue of the wife to the late monarch and one other at about 22:3Ohours of 05/02/24. The rescued kidnap victims have been re-united with their families, hale and hearty.
The operation also led to the arrest of 13 male suspects who are presently in custody.
These suspects are undergoing vigorous interrogation with a view towards aiding the arrest of members of the gang at large.
Meanwhile the Commissioner of Police, CP VICTOR OLAIYA psc(+) remains resolute, maintaining his stand that the perpetrators of this dastardly act will face the full wrath of the law. He further urges the public to be calm and security conscious as they go about their daily activities without fear or anxiety.
DSP EJIRE-ADEYEMI TOUN (anipr)
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FOR:- THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
KWARA STATE COMMAND.
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others