Barely eight days after his election as the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has approved the appointments of Babagana Muhammad Aji as his Chief of Staff, CoS and Festus Adedayo as the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, respectively.
The appointments, according to a statement signed and issued on Tuesday by the Special Adviser to the Senate President on Administration, Dr. Betty Okoroh, are with immediate effect.
Okorocha stated that “the appointments were made based on merit, experience, track record and competency of Aji and Adedayo needed by the Senate President in executing his planned legislative agenda”.
Aji, who is currently an Administrative Coordinator of National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) Outreach Services, holds a Master Degree in Educational Planning and Administration, and another one in Public Administration both from University of Maiduguri.
He started his working carrier with the University of Maiduguri in 1987 as Administrative Assistant and rose to become the Registrar of the University in 1997.
Aji later joined the services of University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, UMTH where he was appointed as Director in 2016.
He is a member of several professional bodies including the Nigerian Institute of Management, NIM and Registered Administrative Managers of Nigeria, and attended several workshops, trainings and conferences both locally and abroad
Adedayo on the other hand is a holder of PhD in Political Communication from University of Ibadan, and a member of Editorial Board of Tribune newspapers.
He was Special Adviser on Media to Oyo State governor between 2011 to 2015, Special Adviser on Media to Enugu State governor between 2004 to 2007 and Special Assistant to Enugu State governor on Public Policy Analysis between 2003 and 2004.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate