According to a source close to Boko Haram, Leah Sharibu was forced to accept Islam before being married off to the sect commander.
After one year in captivity, the remaining Dapchi schoolgirl, Leah Sharibu, has been delivered of baby boy.
According to Sahara Reporters, Leah was forced to accept Islam before she was married off to a Boko Haram commander while in captivity.
Leah, the only Christian student among the kidnapped students from Government Secondary School, Dapchi, Adamawa State, refused to denounce her faith and was denied freedom in 2018.
Despite calls for her release, the terrorists vowed to keep her as a “slave for life”.
Meanwhile, the Federal Government has continued insist that the they’re in talks with Boko Haram leaders for Leah’s release.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency