Gripped with the annoyance of the death Lt. Col. M. A. Ali, troops of 27 Task Force Brigade, Nigerian Army have killed 37 terrorists in Borno south during a clearance operation nicknamed “Operation Karya Gwuiwa.”
The troops also captured one Boko Haram terrorist named Musa Jubril and one female believed to be sex slave in captivity by the sects and recovered eight motorcycles, stored raw foodstuffs and beddings.
Army spokesman, Col. Sani Usman said in a statement on Saturday that the troops carried out the operation in suspected Boko Haram terrorists hideouts at Ajigin, Golgore, Njibulla, Doksa 1, 2 and 3 villages.
Usman said that three AK-47 rifles were recovered from the terrorists at Ajigin.
“Unfortunately, a vigilante group member lost his life, while six soldiers were wounded during the clearance operation.
“The corpse of the late vigilante and the wounded soldiers have been evacuated.
“The troops have continued with the clearance operation and also maintaining blocking positions to further neutralise and destroy any fleeing Boko Haram terrorists,” Usman said.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo