The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, has sacked his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Emma Uzor.
The governor, in a post he dropped on Tuesday on the Information Officers’ platform, where himself, Information Officers and Exco members in the state are members, said Mr. Uzor’s appointment was terminated because he misrepresented his [governor’s] view and that of the South-East governors, on certain issues.
Umahi had, in the post said, “I just directed the termination of the appointment of my CPS for misrepresenting me and South-East governors on national livestock transformation plan programme, of which I had issued press statement on behalf of NEC after our last NEC meeting.
“My former CPS was never authorised to talk to the press on the matter.
“His position is different from mine and that of the South-East governors.
“His statement is so embarrassing and regrettable. He is to hand over to my PS [Principal Secretary, Clement Nweke] immediately, while I wish him well.”
The former CPS’ sack was also announced on the Ebonyi State Broadcasting Corporation, the state-owned radio, by Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Kenneth Ugbala.
Ugbala, had during the announcement, said the reason for the CPS’ sack had to do with national security, which, he added, was “embarrassing” to Umahi as chairman of South-East Governors Forum and other governors of the region.
He directed the former CPS to, with immediate effect, hand over to the Principal Secretary to the Governor, Clement Nweke.
Uzor’s sack came less than one month, after the former Commissioner for Information and State Orientation in the state, Ken Ohuo, was sacked by the governor for alleged underperformance.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections