Gov. Hope Uzodimma of Imo has announced the death of Prof. George Obiozor, President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the apex socio-cultural organisation of the Igbo people.
The announcement came in an obituary announcement by the governor, made available to newsmen in Owerri on Wednesday.
Uzodimma described Obiozor, a former Nigerian Ambassador to the United States and Israel as ”a renowned academic, an exceptional diplomat and statesman and a tenacious patriot ” whose death is a big loss to Imo, the southeast and Nigeria in general.
He prayed God to grant his soul eternal rest.
”On behalf of the government and people of Imo state, I sorrowfully announce the passage of a great Son of Imo state and Nigeria, the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, worldwide, Prof George OBIOZOR.
”I have no doubt that both Nigeria and the international community will miss his profound intellectual contributions and wise counsel on national and global issues,” Uzodimma said.
He, however, added that burial arrangements for the late Obiozor would be announced in due course by the family.
- NSCDC arrest 7 suspects over alleged energy theft/meter tampering in Kwara
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030