The Olubadan in Council and the royal lineage in Ibadanland were in the early hours of Friday thrown into mourning mood as the Otun Balogun Olubadan, High Chief Dr Femi Olaifa dies.
He was reported dead at the University College Hospital, Ibadan in the early hours of Friday.
A source at the Olubadan palace confirmed the death but said the palace is yet to be officially briefed on the death.
Late High Chief Olufemi Olaifa was part of the chiefs elevated by Oba Saliu Adetunji Ajeogungunniso in May 2016, as part of his first assignment as the new Olubadan of Ibadanland in accordance with Ibadan chieftaincy law system.
He was promoted from Osi Balogun to Otun Balogun of Ibadanland.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion