President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has finally defeated his close rival in the last general election, Atiku Abubakar of the People Democratic Party, (PDP) at the Supreme Court.
The court in a unanimous judgment affirmed that President Muhammadu Buhari was validly elected as Nigerian President in the 23 February presidential election and declared the case as laking merit .
A seven man panel of the court, headed by Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, also dismissed the appeal filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, challenging the victory of Buhari at the presidential election.
The panel said there is no merit in the appeal. And Chief Justice Tanko Muhammad said the reasons for their judgment will be given later.
- Nigeria to begin free visa entry for Africans by 2020
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others