President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has finally defeated his close rival in the last general election, Atiku Abubakar of the People Democratic Party, (PDP) at the Supreme Court.
The court in a unanimous judgment affirmed that President Muhammadu Buhari was validly elected as Nigerian President in the 23 February presidential election and declared the case as laking merit .
A seven man panel of the court, headed by Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, also dismissed the appeal filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, challenging the victory of Buhari at the presidential election.
The panel said there is no merit in the appeal. And Chief Justice Tanko Muhammad said the reasons for their judgment will be given later.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum