BREAKING…. Police uncovers Chinese-owned coy using indigenous firm’s brand to package smuggled products
The Special Investigation Bureau, (SIB) of the Nigeria Police Force, on Friday apprehended a Chinese company, Clever Home Limited, for engaging in smuggling of substandard roofing sheets and other Iron and Steel products, thereby packaging them with an indigenous manufacturer’s brand.
The squad leader who spoke to journalists disclosed that the Chinese firm which is located at Mowe-Ibafo area along Lagos -Ibadan express way, in Ogun State, decided to use the brand of a leading indegenous Iron and Steel industries to deceive the Standard Organization of Nigeria, (SON) in order to escape arrest.
It would be recalled that SON had recently launched its anti-smuggling war against importers who are specialised in the importation of substandard products, especially galvanised, corrugated and aluminium roofing sheets of lower gauges into Nigeria.
Findings revealed that the owner of the firm, has fled while the police arrested two workers for further interrogations.
Also speaking, the National Coordinator of the Social Integrity Network, (SINET), Mallam Ibrahim Issa, condemned the unpatriotic act aimed at destroying the nation and saborting President Muhammadu Buhari’s fight against corruption.
The group however urged the authority of Standard Organisation of Nigeria, (SON), nationwide to ensure that the nation is sanitize and guard against impersonation and illegal business guidelines to achieve selfish interest.
Mallam Issa also appealed to the police to take drastic efforts towards ensuring that perpetrator of the dastardly act is brought to book in order to serve as deterrent.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%