A prominent Ilorin-born medical practitioner and medical founder of Hassanat Hospital, Dr. AbdulKadir Oniyangi, is dead.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, his demise as the end of an era.
The governor noted that the contributions of the frontline medical doctor to the development of Kwara State are well documented for history.
A condolence message issued on Thursday by the governor’s spokesman, Rafiu Ajakaye, said: His Excellency commiserates with the entire Oniyangi family of Ilorin on the death of the elder statesman. Mr Governor reckons that Dr Oniyangi was a trailblazer in the public health sector in not just Kwara State but in the entire northern Nigeria. He was in fact one of the first medical doctors in the entire northern Nigeria.
“Dr Oniyangi, former Head of Service and Secretary to the Military Government in Kwara State between 1984 and 1985, was also a distinguished public administrator who served the state and Nigeria meritoriously.
His tenure as the President of the Ilorin Emirate Descendants Progressive Union (IEDPU) was very outstanding. He also served quite honourably as a national commissioner at the Independent National Electoral Commission.
His death at this moment of our history is painful. We pray the Almighty Allah to grant him al-jannah and stand by his family now and always.”
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year