The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara StateTraditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has enjoined Muslims in Kwara State to observe the Taraweeh prayers on Wednesday in preparation for the commencement of Ramadan fasting on Thursday .
The Emir, in a statement signed on Tuesday night by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi foundation for peace and development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona noted that the announcement followed the worldwide acceptance that the crescent was yet to be sighted in any part of the world.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari however declared Thursday as the date for commencement of this year’s ramadan fasting and urged Nigerians to use the month to pray fervently for the restoration of peace and harmony in the nation.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the emir also warned Islamic clerics to desist from sermon that are capable of causing rancour in the society stressing that hate speech, immorality and other social vices should be guarded against.
The monarch however urged wealthy individuals to assist the poor during the sacred month as enjoined by prophet Muhammad even as he wished the entire Muslim Ummah a successful commencement and completion of the spiritual exercise with health and acceptance by Allah.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note