Movements of the two traditional rulers, Alofa of Ilofa, Oba Samuel Dada and the Olota of Odo Owa, Oba Toba Adimula whose communities recently engaged in violent clash have been restricted to their domains for three months
ROYAL NEWS also gathered that the monarchs will also forfeit three months salaries following the May 2017 renewed hostilities over superiority contest on the community that should first sell fresh yam in the common market in the area.
The Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Alhaji Haruna Muhammad, stated this while addressing journalists shortly after the close of this week’s State Executive Council meeting.
He noted that “the decision formed part of the consideration of the White Paper on judicial commission of enquiry on Ilofa/Odo Owa communal clash.
“The two monarchs would not travel outside their domain without permission of the chairman, transition implementation committee (TIC) of the local government area.”
The commissioner added that the traditional rulers would not attend traditional council meeting, nor attend any official or government during the period.
“The traditional rulers were sanctioned for not doing what they ought have done to circumvent the communal clash either by error of omission or commission.
“The state government has also said that the common central market in the two communities would henceforth be used by members of the general public only for purpose of commerce; buying and selling, and not for cultural or traditional activities”, he added.
Also speaking, the commissioner for Information, Mallam Tunde Ajeigbe, said that the state government will soon commence the prosecution of those identified to have been involved in the communal clash
He added that the state executive council had also directed the Secretary to the State Government SSG to write the state commissioner of Police to increase police presence in the two communities for purpose of maintaining peace and order.
He also said that the police boss had been directed to mop up illegal arms in the areas in order to prevent any occurrence of violence or repeat of the clash.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week