He was aged 62. Arzika died after a protracted illness, ROYAL NEWS has gathered, preparations for his burial have commenced in his hometown of Tureta.
The deceased served as commissioner during former Gov. Aliyu Wamakko’s administration for eight years and was later reappointed by Gov. Aminu Tambuwal for an additional six years.
The Ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Muktar Dodo-Iya, stated this in a statement issued in Sokoto.
He said that the deceased passed on in the early hours of Monday at the Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUS)leaving behind two wives and seven children.
He said that Tureta was once a member representing Tureta local government area in the Sokoto State House of Assembly, before becoming a federal lawmaker representing Bodinga/DangeShuni/Tureta, Federal Constituency.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG