He was aged 62. Arzika died after a protracted illness, ROYAL NEWS has gathered, preparations for his burial have commenced in his hometown of Tureta.
The deceased served as commissioner during former Gov. Aliyu Wamakko’s administration for eight years and was later reappointed by Gov. Aminu Tambuwal for an additional six years.
The Ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Muktar Dodo-Iya, stated this in a statement issued in Sokoto.
He said that the deceased passed on in the early hours of Monday at the Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUS)leaving behind two wives and seven children.
He said that Tureta was once a member representing Tureta local government area in the Sokoto State House of Assembly, before becoming a federal lawmaker representing Bodinga/DangeShuni/Tureta, Federal Constituency.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends