Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has stepped down the 2017 democracy day celebrations as a result of the on going celebration of the 50th anniversary of the state.
In a statement issued on Monday by the chief press secretary to the governor, Abdulwahab Oba, the governor rejoiced with Kwarans as the nation marks the 2017 Democracy Day.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Dr Ahmed, who advised Kwarans to uphold the prevailing peace and understanding in the state, said such understanding is crucial for overall development of the state.
Governor Ahmed stressed the need for Kwarans to live in peace and harmony and respect for one another differences. He reiterated the administration’s determination to scale up service delivery and infrastructure development across the state.
The governor while thanking Kwarans for the overwhelming support and cooperation his administration enjoyed from them in the past Six years, assured the people that with the introduction of infrastructure Development Fund(IF-K) , Kwarans should expect aggressive development in
the last two years of his government.
“With a deep sense of profound gratitud to God Almighty, I thank you all for your support to my administration in the past six years. I appreciate the unflinching support and cooperation my
administration has enjoyed from you all.”
Governor Ahmed praised the Federal Government for its economic recovery plan and appealed to Kwarans to use the opportunity of the Ramadan period to pray for the President’s quick recovery to continue his good job for the benefit of all.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget