Two members of the House of Representatives, Kolawole Babatunde (Ondo) and Mukaila Kazeem (Ogun), have dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress.
Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara, read letters from the lawmakers announcing their resignations from the APC at the plenary on Wednesday.
While Babatunde joined the Peoples Democratic Party, Kazeem did not name his new party in his letter.
Both lawmakers, however, blamed their resignations on the APC over how the party managed its primaries and fielded its candidarea.
- Ogun govt closes land borders for 2weeks
- BREAKING…. Coronavirus cases jump to 97 in Nigeria
- Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s wife sends message to Nigerians as husband tests positive
- BREAKING…. Gov. El-Rufai tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Tinubu urges Buhari govt to print more Naira notes
- Covid-19: Gombe reverse to N18,000 minimum wage for workers
- BREAKING….. Coronavirus pandemic hits 89 in Nigeria
- Covid-19: Kwara police releases reports on restriction order
- Lawan greets Asiwaju Tinubu @68
- Coronavirus: Two cases confirmed, Enugu ordered lockdown of land borders, others
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics9 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen