Two members of the House of Representatives, Kolawole Babatunde (Ondo) and Mukaila Kazeem (Ogun), have dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress.
Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara, read letters from the lawmakers announcing their resignations from the APC at the plenary on Wednesday.
While Babatunde joined the Peoples Democratic Party, Kazeem did not name his new party in his letter.
Both lawmakers, however, blamed their resignations on the APC over how the party managed its primaries and fielded its candidarea.
- BREAKING… Kwara Governor rejoices with PDP over Appeal Court verdict
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers