Gas explosion on Thursday occurred at Aduke Street, Off Ojo Road in the Ajegunle, Apapa Local Government Area of Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria.
The incidence left two children burnt to death with 23 others sustaining severe burnt in, according to The DEFENDER reports.
It was revealed that the Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, has confirmed the incident with additional details about two children he said were burnt to death in the gas explosion.
“Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a gas cylinder store had exploded as a result of gas leakage. Further investigations revealed that the fire was ignited as a result of a call being made by an unidentified resident which escalated to other nearby shops and a bungalow behind the shops.
“Unfortunately, two children (male and female) lost their lives and multiple burn casualties were recorded; a total of Twenty Three (23) in number,” he said.
Oke-Osanyintolu disclosed that all the casualties were being evacuated to the Burn Unit, Gbagada General Hospital.
He said the second body met at the scene was identified as Damilare Afolabi and that the remains were bagged by the LRT and handed over to the family.
“The entire area has been cordoned and post-disaster assessment is ongoing,” he said.
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity