By Nanchang Paul, Jos
Gunmen suspected to be herdsmen on Tuesday night ambushed the convey of a member of the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Musa Agah and his aides along Twin Hill Miango district of Bassa local government council of Plateau state .
ROYAL NEWS reports that Hon. Agah, who represents Jos North/Bassa Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, was attacked around 9:20 pm .
Confirming the sad incident in a statement signed by Danjuma Dickson Auta, National Secretary General of Irigwe Development Association (IDA), said the lawmaker was inside his car with his wife, two kids, personal assistant and driver and a friend, Hon. Hwenke Tuhu, when the sad incident happened.
“The lawmaker and his aides including his family escaped the incident, but his car was shattered with gunshot bullets.
“Two other persons who were on motorcycles ahead of the lawmaker’s convey encountered the ambush and have been killed following the attack”, the statement said.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78