The National Association of Resident Doctors, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) Chapter has on Monday commence an indefinite strike action.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Dr. Ige Alexander, President of NARD, UITH Chapter, who addressed newsmen in Ilorin disclosed that out of the 54 teaching hospitals in the federation, they collect the lowest wages.
Alexander said that UITH chapter of NARD is a victim of all the agitation that the national body is fighting for.
“The management of the UITH keep on slashing our salaries since January 2014 and we are forced to contribute a fraction of the salary which management said is a palliative contribution.
“We believe contribution should be willingly and not mandatory, when we complain, we are met with threats,” he said.
The president of UITH NARD also disclosed that they will use all necessary means in their disposal to ensure justice.
“Corruption is no more a big word in Nigeria, we appeal to the senate to establish a committee to probe the teaching hospitals and see what is going on.
“We are ready to press legal action even writing petitions to Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) and ICPC,” he said.
Ige noted that some of the agitation by the national body of NARD includes withdrawal of circular reversing skipping, enrollment of all doctors into IPPIS, payment of arrears of salary shortfall and prevention of further shortfall among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign