Authority of the University of Ilorin on Monday released the figure of candidates expected for the 2018/19 post UTME admission screening .
The figure is 39, 711, ROYAL NEWS has gathered. The screening will commence this week.
The four-day screening exercise will hold simultaneously in two centres, Ilorin and Lagos between Monday and Thursday with a mop-up on Friday for candidates who might be having some issues during the main exercise.
A statement by the institution’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr. Kunle Akogun disclosed that out of the 39, 711 candidates that registered for the screening exercise, 29, 562 will appear at the Ilorin Centre while 10, 149 will appear at the Lagos Centre.
According to Akogun, “a further breakdown of the figure shows that 32, 272 candidates are seeking admission through the Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) while the remaining 7, 439 candidates are seeking admission through the Direct Entry (DE) window”.
About 86, 401 candidates made the University of Ilorin their first choice institution in the last JAMB-moderated UTME, making the institution to emerge once again as the most preferred University by admission seekers for the fifth consecutive year.
Statistics released by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) during the 2018 JAMB Admission Policy meeting listed other nine most selected universities as Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) -74,635; the University of Benin (UNIBEN) – 70,322; the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) – 66,486; University of Lagos (UNILAG) – 62,436; Bayero University Kano (BUK) – 56,261; Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)-48,646; Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK) – 48,554; the University of Ibadan (UI) – 47,544; and the University of Jos (UNIJOS) – 46,082.
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch