Ahead of the forthcoming general elections, debate for the Vice Presidential candidates of five political parties has commenced, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Executive Secretary of National Election Debate Group, NEDG, Mr. Eddie Emessiri, in his remarks noted that the platform will put their abilities to perform as Vice President to test.
Participants includes Vice candidates of ACPN, PDP, APC, ANN, YPP
The programme is live of Channels TV.
1. Ganiyu Galadima of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria, (ACPN) noted that Nigerians are the worse for it and Nigeria has become the capital of poverty. Unemployment is high and this is as a result of wrong policy of the government. There is need for Nigerians to look inward in 2019
2. Hajia Khadijah Abdullahi-Iya of the Alliance for New Nigeria, (ANN), revealed reasons for her interest in becoming the next Vice President of Nigeria stressing that, “I intend to pay attention on children among others.”
3. Yemi Osinbajo of the All progressive Congress, (APC), enumerated government’s interventions in the areas of social investment, agriculture, employment of graduates, empowerment and entrepreneur in the area of micro market skill initiatives and transportation as well as the need to do more.
4. Peter Obi of the People Democratic Party, (PDP) expressed assurances that Atiku Abubakar if elected to power will break the jinx of unemployment and tackle poverty headlong.
Young Progressives Party, (YPP), VP candidate, Umma Getso said, “I have passion for girls’ child education. I have passion in the project for Nigeria to work again because we need ideology for paradigm change for the betterment of youth and create a new Nigeria where Nigerians will have equal rights.”
Details later …..
- 2020 Hajj: Saudi retains 95, 000 slots for Nigeria
- Saudi compensates 2015 crane crash victims
- BREAKING…. Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
- SAD… Reinhard Bonnke dies at 79
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems