Ahead of the forthcoming general elections, debate for the Vice Presidential candidates of five political parties has commenced, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Executive Secretary of National Election Debate Group, NEDG, Mr. Eddie Emessiri, in his remarks noted that the platform will put their abilities to perform as Vice President to test.
Participants includes Vice candidates of ACPN, PDP, APC, ANN, YPP
The programme is live of Channels TV.
1. Ganiyu Galadima of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria, (ACPN) noted that Nigerians are the worse for it and Nigeria has become the capital of poverty. Unemployment is high and this is as a result of wrong policy of the government. There is need for Nigerians to look inward in 2019
2. Hajia Khadijah Abdullahi-Iya of the Alliance for New Nigeria, (ANN), revealed reasons for her interest in becoming the next Vice President of Nigeria stressing that, “I intend to pay attention on children among others.”
3. Yemi Osinbajo of the All progressive Congress, (APC), enumerated government’s interventions in the areas of social investment, agriculture, employment of graduates, empowerment and entrepreneur in the area of micro market skill initiatives and transportation as well as the need to do more.
4. Peter Obi of the People Democratic Party, (PDP) expressed assurances that Atiku Abubakar if elected to power will break the jinx of unemployment and tackle poverty headlong.
Young Progressives Party, (YPP), VP candidate, Umma Getso said, “I have passion for girls’ child education. I have passion in the project for Nigeria to work again because we need ideology for paradigm change for the betterment of youth and create a new Nigeria where Nigerians will have equal rights.”
Details later …..
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community