The outgoing Vice Chancellor of the Kwara State University, Malete, Professor Abdulrasheed Na’Allah, has restated his commitment to continue to uphold quality leadership style towards ensuring that Nigeria’s educational system continues to get adequate attention.
He stated this on Saturday at an interactive session with journalists in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital. He commended media practitioners in the state for the support given to to him throughout his 10 years tenure as the pioneer Vice Chancellor of the institution.
Na’Allah who is also the new Vice Chancellor of the University of Abuja recalled how the University started its journey as a ‘baby’ stressing that the 10 years journey witnessed uninterrupted academic calendar which makes the institution to remain unique globally.
According to him, “We have serious respect for consistent academic calendar and we are unknown globally for this quality. We’ve produced many quality graduates who are making waves globally in difference professions while many others are furthering their studies across the world.
“We are the first public University in Nigeria to adopt entrepreneurship studies as a compulsory course in order to make our graduates job providers rather than being job seekers.
“During the last International Conference on Enterprenuership and Innovation, we were able to attract a philanthropist and leading indigenous manufacturer, Dr. Kamoru Yusuf of KAMWIRE Industries Nigeria Ltd to establish an endowment fund to support our directorate of entrepreneurial skills acquisition for our students as start up capital for our student. The fund has been named, “Alhaji Kamoru Yusuf Emdownment Fund”.
“We have never missed any accreditation in the last years. This is a great achievement to be celebrated. However, it is crystal clear that when the nation is setting any agenda for prosperity, KWASU’s students are always ahead to proffer solutions to problems especially in the areas of unemployment.”
The VC added that KWASU had adopted the policy of recruiting it’s best brains who have excelled in their studies by graduating with excellence academic degrees (i.e first class) to become lecturers in the institution. Within the last 10 years, we’ve won many research grants for the university.
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers
- Maulud Nabbiy ‘ll promote religious tolerance, says Omo-Agege