BREAKING…..Why I want Atiku to step down for me— Female Candidate
Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the former vice president and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Alh Atiku Abubakar to step down his ambition.
The presidential candidate of the MAJA party, Prof. Funmilayo
Adesanya-Davies, stated this on Monday stressing that since her party and the PDP are members of Coalition of United Political Parties, (CUPP), there is the need for the emergence of a candidate for the coalition.
She said that Atiku should step down for her on the account of age and being a woman, saying that the odd favours young candidates for the 2019 general elections.
She added that since men have ‘failed’ Nigeria, they should give women a chance to emerge as the nation’s next president and return it back to path of progress.
According to a statement made available to newsmen via
The students delegation came from the office of the SUG, Vice
The statement added: ‘ The main topic of their discussion was on the
Adesanya- Davies was quoted to have said” I will in fact seize this
“We are losing our children and husbands, the women are crying, the
“You can trust that “I’ll seek the ideal international assistance to
“I am pleased CUPP has said, “they would not render smaller parties
“The CUPP now has Prof. Mercy Funmilayo Davies (PMA-CHOICE), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Donald Duke and others as candidates to feed in after the recently concluded primaries.I am prepared to give the political battle a feminine touch and strategy through which I expect to spring a surprise to win the presidential election by the grace of God when obliged by CUPP; as I said on January 1st., 2018 on my declaration as the first candidate for 2019 presidential election.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls