Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the former vice president and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Alh Atiku Abubakar to step down his ambition.
The presidential candidate of the MAJA party, Prof. Funmilayo
Adesanya-Davies, stated this on Monday stressing that since her party and the PDP are members of Coalition of United Political Parties, (CUPP), there is the need for the emergence of a candidate for the coalition.
She said that Atiku should step down for her on the account of age and being a woman, saying that the odd favours young candidates for the 2019 general elections.
She added that since men have ‘failed’ Nigeria, they should give women a chance to emerge as the nation’s next president and return it back to path of progress.
According to a statement made available to newsmen via
The students delegation came from the office of the SUG, Vice
The statement added: ‘ The main topic of their discussion was on the
Adesanya- Davies was quoted to have said” I will in fact seize this
“We are losing our children and husbands, the women are crying, the
“You can trust that “I’ll seek the ideal international assistance to
“I am pleased CUPP has said, “they would not render smaller parties
“The CUPP now has Prof. Mercy Funmilayo Davies (PMA-CHOICE), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Donald Duke and others as candidates to feed in after the recently concluded primaries.I am prepared to give the political battle a feminine touch and strategy through which I expect to spring a surprise to win the presidential election by the grace of God when obliged by CUPP; as I said on January 1st., 2018 on my declaration as the first candidate for 2019 presidential election.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7