A six year-old minor, daughter has been defiled by a 23-year-old bricklayer, Lukman Moshood, at Iludun area in Osogbo, Osun State.
It was gathered that Lukman called the minor under the pretext that he wanted to send her to the next building to buy something for him.
According to the mother of the victim, “My daughter was eventually found in the room of the bricklayer and Lukman had already defiled the small girl.”
The little girl however disclosed that when Lukman took her to the room, he brought out a knife and threatened to kill her if she made any attempt to raise alarm.
The matter was reported to the Oja-Oba Police Division and later transferred to the family unit of the Osun State Police Command.
The father of the victim and his relatives expressed concern with the manner the family unit of the police was handling the case and cried for justice.
A human right group under the auspices of the Committee for Democracy and Right of the People condemned the action of Lukman and urged the police to ensure that the matter is properly investigated and that justice must be done.
The Secretary General of the group, Waheed Saka said the action of Lukman was evil and must be swept under the carpet. He said the group will follow the case to a logical conclusion.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Fimihan Adeoye in a chat with Daily Trust said the suspect has been arrested and that he would be charged to court after necessary investigation.
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr