A young lady, Bose Christopher, has been arrested with boyfriend for alleged involvement in cultism, 24 hours to her proposed wedding ‘introduction’ in Abeokuta.
According to the State police, the suspect was arrested by the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, FSARS, during the initiation of cult members in a hotel.
They said Miss Christopher had gone to the initiation ceremony with a boyfriend when she was arrested alongside other suspected cultists. Read also: COEASU protests over poor governance, unpaid salaries in Ilorin
The accused spoke with Premium Times on Wednesday while being paraded alongside 30 other members of the cult group at the police headquarters, Eleweran in Abeokuta.
Christopher said: “It is true, I went with my boyfriend to the party and it is also true that my wedding introduction was scheduled to hold the following day I went to the ceremony with my boyfriend.”
But Christopher denied being a member of the cult group or knowing that her boyfriend, who she claimed she started a relationship with two weeks earlier, was a cultist.
“I met him (boyfriend) about two weeks ago and I never knew he is a cult member. He just called me after I closed from the shop to join him at the party.” Read also: Strange disease hits Bayelsa, 11 quarantined
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement