Bridget Agbahime murderers: Kano Magistrate Court frees Alleged Killers
A Kano Magistrates’ court discharged all the five suspects, who allegedly killed a trader, Bridget Agbahime in Kano on June 2 over allegations of blasphemy.
The court announced the judgement today Thursday saying that the suspects, Dauda Ahmed, Abdulmumeen Mustafa, Zubairu Abubakar, Abdullahi Abubakar and Musa Abdullahi were slammed with a four-count charge of allegedly inciting disturbance, culpable homicide, joint act and mischief.
Mrs. Agbahime, 74, an Imo indigene, was murdered in Kofar Wambai Market in Kano over alleged blasphemy.
The Chief Magistrate, Muhammad Jibril, discharged the five suspects and terminated the case as advised by the attorney-general of Kano State.
Earlier, the Principal State Counsel, Rabiu Yusuf, representing the attorney-general of Kano State, told the court that they received the case diary from the police on June 8 2016.
Having gone through the case diary, the attorney- general of Kano State evaluated the facts in accordance with Sections 130 and150 of the Criminal Procedure Code, presented the legal advice Mr. Yusuf said.
The legal advice presented to the court, dated June 24, states that there is no case to answer as the suspects are all innocent and orders the court to discharge all the suspects.
The counsel to the suspects, Abdulsalam Gambo, commended the attorney-general for the judgment in the case.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls