In a statement made available to newsmen on Sunday, Honourable Gbenga Power said that the news on the death of General Apere came as a huge loss to humanity owing to his immense contribution to the peaceful coexistence and protection of lives and property even outside the shores of Nigeria while on special missions.
“Brig. General Dayo Apere was no doubt a gallant officer who had been rising through the rungs of the Nigerian Army ladder over the years and has paid his dues in the service to his father land; personally I am looking forward to a more exalted position for him in the Nigerian Armed Forces but the cold hands of death turned this big dream to a mirage, it’s very painful ”
The Philanthropist expressed his heart felt condolence to the immediate family and friends of the deceased, the Nigerian Army, Government and people of Kwara State, Kwara South, Olupako of Share, Oba Haruna Suleiman and the nation at large.
He admonished the bereaved to take solace in the fact that late General Apere contributed his quota to the stability of Nigeria through his diligence in the Nigerian Army as a member of 38 regular course of the famous Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna.
Honourable Gbenga Power prayed God to give the family, Share town, Kwara State, Nigerian Army and the entire country fortitude to bear the irreparable lost stressing that late General Apere will be greatly missed.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated