The Chairman of BUA Group, Abdulsamad Rabiu, has turned down his nomination to serve as a member of the finance committee set up by the ruling All Progressives Congress.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that, in a well circulated publication, BUA Chairman was named along with
the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio; the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Abbas Tajudeen; Minister of Finance, Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun, oil magnate, A.A. Rano, Mohammed Indimi; Kunle Soname; Tein Jack Rich as Rabiu was nominated by the party to serve as a member of the 34-member committee committee constituted on Thursday.
Other committees were also constituted by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party after its meeting at the national secretariat in Abuja.
However, in a reaction by the company on Friday, it was disclosed that the APC did not consult its chairman before including his name in the list.
The statement partly read, “It is important to note that our Chairman, Abdul Samad Rabiu and BUA Group have consistently adopted an apolitical stance over the years. This approach is integral to the nature of our business and aligns with Mr. Rabiu’s focus on fostering economic growth through BUA Group’s initiatives and philanthropic efforts through ASR Africa.
“With respect to this, we wish to inform the publishers, our partners, stakeholders, and the general public that Mr. Rabiu has decided to graciously decline the nomination/appointment. This decision is made in light of the fact that he was not previously consulted regarding his inclusion in the list and his inability to commit time due to his demanding schedule.”
It could be recalled that the national secretariat of APC had pasted the list of the committee members on one of its WhatsApp platforms on Thursday but deleted the post some hours after.
On Friday, the party posted the same list and included the name of Mr Rabiu despite a statement earlier declining the offer.
According to the list, the finance committee will be chaired by Uguru Ofoke while Bashir Gumel will serve as the secretary.
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’
- Lifted sanctions: Begin democratic process now, Northern Senators task Niger
- Group calls for arrest of cleric wanting Tinubu’s wife