President Muhammadu Buhari was conspicuously absent at the burial of the late Chief of Army Staff, General Ibrahim Attahiru, on Saturday.
Attahiru died in a plane crash close to the Kaduna Airport on Friday.
10 other officers were also killed when the Beachcraft 350 aircraft came down due to bad weather.
Their remains were on Saturday moved to the National Mosque and the Nigerian Air Force Protestant Church venues of prayers.
The burial rites started around 1pm and was attended by top dignitaries in Nugeria’s Armed Forces.
Their bodies were later moved to the National Military Cemetery for the interment ceremony, where they were honoured with a 21-gun salute.
Buhari, last night, mourned the departed as “heroes who paid the ultimate price for peace and security in the land”.
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes