President Muhammadu Buhari was conspicuously absent at the burial of the late Chief of Army Staff, General Ibrahim Attahiru, on Saturday.
Attahiru died in a plane crash close to the Kaduna Airport on Friday.
10 other officers were also killed when the Beachcraft 350 aircraft came down due to bad weather.
Their remains were on Saturday moved to the National Mosque and the Nigerian Air Force Protestant Church venues of prayers.
The burial rites started around 1pm and was attended by top dignitaries in Nugeria’s Armed Forces.
Their bodies were later moved to the National Military Cemetery for the interment ceremony, where they were honoured with a 21-gun salute.
Buhari, last night, mourned the departed as “heroes who paid the ultimate price for peace and security in the land”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal