Malam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President for Media and Publicity, confirmed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
”Enacts the Animal Disease (Control) Law in order to prevent, detect, control and eradicate infectious and contagious, transboundary and zoonotic diseases, and prevent antimicrobial resistance.
”This is through the control and regulation of the use and administration of veterinary biological products, veterinary medical products and chemicals in animals, animal products, medicated animal feed, pet food sales and distribution, veterinary medical devices, other veterinary products and for the improvement of animal welfare and food safety.
On the Nigerian Police Academy, the media assistant said, “The Act establishes and provides a legal framework for the Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State, as a degree-granting institution to provide academic and professional training.” .
Shehu revealed that the Academy would not be run below the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police.
He said that the Commander “will be appointed Service Commission on the recommendation of the Inspector General of Police as stipulated in Section 8 of the Act.”
Shehu revealed that Malam Umar El-Yakub, Senior Special Assistant to the President for National Assembly (House of Representatives) Affairs, was in the House of Representatives for the signing of the bills.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES