Malam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President for Media and Publicity, confirmed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
”Enacts the Animal Disease (Control) Law in order to prevent, detect, control and eradicate infectious and contagious, transboundary and zoonotic diseases, and prevent antimicrobial resistance.
”This is through the control and regulation of the use and administration of veterinary biological products, veterinary medical products and chemicals in animals, animal products, medicated animal feed, pet food sales and distribution, veterinary medical devices, other veterinary products and for the improvement of animal welfare and food safety.
On the Nigerian Police Academy, the media assistant said, “The Act establishes and provides a legal framework for the Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State, as a degree-granting institution to provide academic and professional training.” .
Shehu revealed that the Academy would not be run below the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police.
He said that the Commander “will be appointed Service Commission on the recommendation of the Inspector General of Police as stipulated in Section 8 of the Act.”
Shehu revealed that Malam Umar El-Yakub, Senior Special Assistant to the President for National Assembly (House of Representatives) Affairs, was in the House of Representatives for the signing of the bills.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78