Following the declaration of the result of the Edo State Governorship elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) President Muhammadu Buhari has sent his congratulatory mesage to the winner.
Buhari commended the election process in Edo State which led to the victory of Governor Godwin Obaseki as declared by INEC.
The president’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, in a Tweet on Sunday said Buhari also “commended the people of Edo State, the parties, candidates and security agencies for conducting themselves responsibly.”
In his reaction to the outcome of the election as announced by INEC, President Buhari said: “My commitment to free and fair elections is firm, because without free and fair elections, the foundation of our political and moral authority will be weak.”
The President added: “I have consistently advocated for free and fair elections in the country because it is the bedrock of true democratic order.
“Democracy will mean nothing if the votes of the people don’t count or if their mandate is fraudulently tampered with,” he said in a statement by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity.
He commended the people of Edo State, the parties, candidates and security agencies for conducting themselves responsibly.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC